WHAT WE DO
Every family deserves a home.
Here at SOS we prevent and end homelessness for families with children. Once a family has a roof over their heads, they are able to find work, improve their credit, and focus on rebuilding their lives. SOS helps families with food, utilities, transportation, and more through our Resource Center. We engage children through playgroups, connect them to critical resources, and support their development. These programs wouldn’t be possible without the support of our volunteers and supporters. Below is an overview of the impact SOS made last year.
- 12 families served with 17 adults and 43 children
- 78% exited to permanent housing
- 81 families served with 96 adults and 204 children
- 89% Exited to Permanent Housing
SOS RESOURCE CENTER
- 7,418 families visited SOS’s Choice food pantry
- 14,391 individuals fed
- 210,090 pounds of food distributed
- 513 People provided with transportation and utility assistance, baby food and diapers
- 16,664 diapers distributed
- 378 containers of baby formula & baby food distributed
- 896 referrals, including 132 referrals for emergency housing
- 97 households received funds to pay for utility bills– totaling $88,112
EVICTION PREVENTION FOR LOW-INCOME RENTERS
- 100 households with 294 people who were at-risk for eviction retained their permanent housing vouchers.
- 22 households with 72 people who were homeless leased up new vouchers and obtained permanent, affordable housing.
PARENTS AS TEACHERS
- 142 families with 280 young children participated in Parents as Teachers which promotes early childhood learning and health through home visits.
- 35 fathers participated in the fatherhood program, which provides parenting support specifically for fathers.
- 162 volunteers worked 8,187 hours; a contribution of time valued at $245,195.