WHAT WE DO
Every family deserves a home.
Here at SOS we prevent and end homelessness for families with children. Once a family has a roof over their heads, they are able to find work, improve their credit, and focus on rebuilding their lives. SOS helps families with food, utilities, transportation, and more through our Resource Center. We engage children through playgroups, connect them to critical resources, and support their development. These programs wouldn’t be possible without the support of our volunteers and supporters. Below is an overview of the impact SOS made last year.
- 10 families served with 11 adults and 31 children
- 84% exited to permanent housing
- 81 families served with 92 adults and 184 children
- 91% Exited to Permanent Housing
SOS RESOURCE CENTER
- 8, 659 families visited SOS’s Choice food pantry
- 17,406 individuals fed
- 374,815 pounds of food distributed
- 930 People provided with transportation and utility assistance, baby food and diapers
- 18,489 diapers distributed
- 694 containers of baby formula & baby food distributed
- 2,716 referrals, including 84 referrals for emergency housing
- 51 households received funds to pay for utility bills– totaling $52,079
EVICTION PREVENTION FOR LOW-INCOME RENTERS
- 84 families with 112 adults and 151 children who were at risk of eviction retained their permanent housing vouchers
PARENTS AS TEACHERS
- 55 families with 78 young children participated in Parents as Teachers program which promotes early childhood learning and health through home visits.
- 174 volunteers
- Volunteers worked 7,394 hours, a contribution valued at $101,151.