WHAT WE DO
Every family deserves a home.
Here at SOS we prevent and end homelessness for families with children. Once a family has a roof over their heads, they are able to find work, improve their credit, and focus on rebuilding their lives. SOS helps families with food, utilities, transportation, and more through our Resource Center. We engage children through playgroups, connect them to critical resources, and support their development. SOS partners with the Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti Public Housing Commissions to offer support to families so that parents can gain employment, get connected with local resources, and maintain housing. These programs wouldn’t be possible without the support of our volunteers. Below is an overview of the impact SOS made last year.
- 24 families served with 36 adults and 87 children
- 1-3 months average length of stay
- 96% exited to permanent housing
- 72 families served with 92 adults and 209 children
- 7- 8 months average length of stay
- 88% Exited to Permanent Housing
SOS RESOURCE CENTER
- 1,032 People provided with transportation and utility assistance, baby food and diapers
- 1,320 bus tokens distributed
- 106 households assisted with utilities
PROGRAMS FOR FAMILIES IN PUBLIC HOUSING
ROSS PUBLIC HOUSING PROGRAM
- 25 Ypsilanti Housing Commission families helped to access educational programs, increase their income, and connected other community resources.
- 10 children enrolled in Head Start
- 5 people found work through the Job Developers Alliance Job Fair.
- 1 child earned a full scholarship to the University of Michigan.
- 176 children and youth served
- Programs included Parents as Teachers, after school, and summer programming
- 262 volunteers
- Volunteers worked 9,894 hours, a contribution valued at $164,408.