"At Time for Tots, we believe that an educated youth is a vital part of a sound future. Planting the seed of knowledge in their tender hearts today will empower them to be deeply rooted leaders for tomorrow."
Elizabeth Clark, Administrative Assistant
10 Ways to Help
Supporters of SOS Community Services have time and again proven to be creative, generous and amazingly energetic and resourceful. You or your group can support the work we do in literally dozens of ways. We encourage you to look over this list and see what fits your individual interests and abilities. If you are interested in helping in one of the ways below, please call (734) 484-9900 or email . And, if you have ideas for a future fundraiser, event, or other ways to help we'd love to hear from you!
- Host a Benefit Day – Select a day that a portion of your business sales or profits can go to support homeless families. If you have other creative ideas to raise funds contact us.
- Organize a Social Media Campaign – Do you love social networking sites? Are you passionate about homelessness? Start a social media campaign to raise awareness and collect donations.
- Adopt-a-Month – Collect food, baby supplies or personal care items.
- Denim Days Fundraiser – Work in comfort and help your community by organizing a weekly Denim Day at your workplace. Collect donations from participating co-workers who wear jeans to work on the designated day.
- Adopt-an-Apartment – Collect new household supplies for homeless families. See household items on the wish list.
- Collect New School Supplies – Help homeless children be prepared for school by collecting new supplies.
- Organize Homeless Awareness Week Activity – Interested in raising awareness about homelessness? Every year in November, a national and local week is held to raise awareness about homelessness. If you have an activity idea for your group, or are interested in participating contact us.
- Become a SOS Street Team Member – Help us spread the word about our events. As a Street Team Member, you will distribute flyers around your neighborhood, downtown Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor to promote SOS.
- Birthday Gift Drive – Is your birthday soon? Do you want to give back to homeless families? Instead of getting birthday gifts, have friends and family give you items from the SOS wish list.
- Become a volunteer – Get involved by volunteering in one of our many programs throughout the year. Check out our volunteer opportunities today.