Every Gift Helps Families in Need
Your support helps us prevent homelessness and feed the hungry. Every day, you help us…
- Place a bag of groceries into grateful hands to feed a family
- Provide a bus token to help a young mother find her way home
- Help at-risk children learn and grow
- Give a family with nowhere else to go shelter and an affordable, permanent home
But there is still so much work to be done.
- 30,000 people count on SOS each year.
- Ninety-three percent of people served by SOS Community Services live at or below poverty level.
- SOS has seen a 30 percent increase in demand for emergency food since 2014.
- U.S. cities have seen an increase in homelessness, and Washtenaw County is no different.